Why Join SYSTRA
SYSTRA is a forward looking rail engineering and transport planning consultancy delivering high quality, sustainable transport solutions for our clients in the public and private sectors.
With over 370 employees in our UK consultancy division we offer a wide range of expertise to our clients including:
- Highway Design and Traffic Engineering
- Infrastructure Design
- Development planning
- Transport Planning
- Modelling and Appraisal
- Town Planning and Urban design
- Social Research
We are currently recruiting for a number of graduate Transport Planners, Engineers and Researchers to join our teams in Birmingham, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, Liverpool, London, Manchester, Newcastle, Reading and Woking. We also have opportunities in our central Dublin office for Transport Planners and Engineers.
Successful candidates will join a friendly environment and will perform key technical roles in the delivery of projects whilst enjoying high levels of flexibility and autonomy and the opportunity to gain a range of experience through varied and interesting work.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A degree in a relevant discipline (Typically Geography, Civil Engineering, Planning, Economics, Mathematics)
- Technical ability in engineering, numerical analysis, economics or planning
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present information in an accurate, clear and professional format, and to engage with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to demonstrate an understanding of, and a genuine interest in the work we do, and a strong ethos for close team working and collaboration
- Competency in Microsoft Office computing packages
- Report writing skills, including the ability to present technical work and messages to non-technical audiences
- An MSc in Transport Planning, Mathematics or Engineering would be desirable but not essential
These are permanent roles with excellent career prospects for enthusiastic and energetic individuals so if you want to feel valued and help us to achieve excellence whilst working in an exciting environment for a company that is committed to hiring and developing talented individuals we are keen to hear from you. SYSTRA believe in rewarding employees for their excellence, accountability, initiative and team spirit. As such we offer a competitive benefits package to recognise the value we place on our employees. Our benefit package includes:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days' annual leave per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Discretionary yearly performance bonus
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance
- Permanent health insurance
- Reimbursement of up to two professional membership fees
- Personal & professional development opportunities
- Tax-free childcare vouchers
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme – for confidential advice & guidance
- Social events
- Interest-free travel season ticket loans
Our reputation is built on the high calibre of staff we have to provide expert assistance to our clients. Consultancy is a people business and therefore we look to recruit people with a range of skills from a variety of disciplines in order to meet the varied needs of our diverse and interesting projects.
We support and encourage our graduates in a number of ways, through specific training and professional development and involvement in project teams. All graduates are introduced to SYSTRA through our Graduate Development Programme. This provides a thorough induction into the world of consultancy and ensures that graduates quickly learn key consultancy and project management skills. The programme also covers key elements of either transport planning or engineering, depending on individual preference with a number of options focused on preparing you for achieving chartered status. We have engineering graduates working towards CEng; transport planners looking for the Transport Planning Professional qualification; and others aiming for professional qualifications with the Institute of Mathematics and its Applications and the Royal Town Planning Institute. In all cases, graduates are assigned a mentor to help and guide them and ensure they are able to fulfil their objectives and make good progress in a structured way.
**Due to the volume of applications expected, if you have not heard from us by 31st May 2017 please assume that you have not been selected for interview on this occasion, but please do not hesitate to contact us again in the future.**