SYSTRA is an international engineering and consultancy group specialising in rail (passenger and freight) and public transport. As a subsidiary of SYSTRA, SYSTRA Ltd provides rail engineering and transport planning consultancy in the UK. We work with our clients to find innovative solutions to complex issues concerning the location and movement of people, goods and services. We are dedicated to delivering excellence to our clients through our entrepreneurial spirit and enthusiasm whilst promoting a culture of listening, teamwork and employee empowerment.
With ambitious growth plans, this is an exciting time to join SYSTRA Ltd as we continue to develop and raise our profile in the UK.
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Project BIM Manager to join our team in Birmingham or London.
The post holder will being their career at SYSTRA by getting involved in our bid preparations for a major High Speed project in the UK. Reporting to the UK & North Europe BIM Deployment Manager, the post holder will be in charge of implementing the client’s BIM requirements within the bid documents.
The Project BIM Manager will be responsible for:
- Implementing BIM related Employer (and SYSTRA) information requirements
- Managing SYSTRA’s BIM organisation including the processes and tools needed on our Rail Engineering Design Projects
- People management of the BIM team
- Keeping projects on-track relative to the agreed project BIM strategy
- Implementing clients BIM requirements
Main duties include:
- BIM bid documentation preparation
- Writing pre-contract and post award BIM Execution Plans (BEP)
- Implementing a training plan for the project teams to widen their understanding of BIM and manage the creation/deployment of training modules for BIM use cases
- Acting as project/bid BIM representative within both SYSTRA and the Technical Directorate and Production Centres in the wider SYSTRA Group
- Reporting to the project team, and internal SYSTRA communities, the key performance indices for the project related BIM deliverables
- Assisting project teams with configuration management for BIM based project production
- Managing the auditing of internal/external supply chain BIM deliverables to ensure acceptance through necessary project based design assurance gates and associated procedures.
Experience should include:
- Previous experience in BIM processes and workflows
- Previous experience in an information management related role
- Previous experience in Engineering/Architect/Rail/Construction project delivery
- Previous experience in managing a team of authors of technical project deliverables
Skills required include:
- BIM Management knowledge in relation to UK Government requirements
- A working knowledge of Bentley Systems tools (Microstation, Projectwise, eB etc.)
- Knowledge of BS1192:2007 and associated PAS documentation particularly PAS1192:Parts 2, 3, 4 & 5
- Civil Engineering knowledge on infrastructure projects
- Working knowledge of all PC based Windows environments and Microsoft Office suite
- Extensive knowledge of computer aided draughting techniques, covering all types of mapping, engineering and construction
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Leadership skills
- Organisational skills
Desirable skills include:
- Basic permanent way track designs
- Technical writing of processes and procedures
- A working knowledge of Autodesk tools (AutoCAD, Revit, infraWorks)
In return, we offer a competitive basic salary with a comprehensive and attractive benefits package.