SYSTRA is an international engineering and consultancy group specialising in Mass Transit and Rail. As a subsidiary of SYSTRA, SYSTRA Ltd provides rail engineering and transport planning consultancy in the UK. We work with our clients to find innovative solutions to complex issues concerning the location and movement of people, goods and services. We are dedicated to delivering excellence to our clients through our entrepreneurial spirit and enthusiasm whilst promoting a culture of listening, teamwork and employee empowerment.
With ambitious growth plans, this is an exciting time to join SYSTRA Ltd as we continue to develop and raise our profile in the UK.
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Design Delivery Manager to join our growing engineering team in Manchester. Focussing on conventional rail markets in the North of the UK, the post-holder will be part of a growing team of UK engineers and project managers delivering projects for a diverse portfolio of UK clients.
The Design Delivery Manager will be accountable for ensuring:
- Establishment and implementation of the Project Plan for allocated work packages
- Establishment and maintenance of forecasts, cost and revenue budgets
- Management and documentation of all fee, programme and scope changes
- Delivery of all the specified project outcomes on time, within budget and to the client’s specifications
- Co-ordination between design and construction teams to ensure timely flow of design information
- Good relationships are maintained with all external parties to enhance the reputation of the company
- Implement systems and procedures to maintain a cost effective, high quality, safe and environmentally responsible approach to design, construction, commissioning and other activities on relevant projects, compliant with all relevant legislation.
- Monitor the progress of design development against programme and budgets
- Develop and maintain resource allocation plans against allocated projects
- Liaise with other Design Delivery Managers to balance resources across the portfolio
- Apply project controls and procedures to allocated projects
- Apply relevant techniques and procedures of quantified and qualitative risk assessment and HAZOP analysis to all projects and check whether the environmental aspects of all projects are managed in accordance with Environmental Policy.
- Liaise with construction and procurement teams to ensure design timescales satisfy overall delivery objectives.
- Support the Bid Manager with all aspects of Tender Preparation.
- Support the construction teams at all stages of the construction process
- Development and review of ‘design management’ documentation and ensuring its correct use and application
- Preparation of monthly progress reports and chairing design progress meetings
- Support Stakeholder Management teams
- Implement effective, value for money and innovative design delivery solutions to meet project requirements
- Progress projects through preliminary and detailed design with emphasis on client requirements, value for money and innovation
- Liaise with clients and ensure their requirements are effectively communicated to the team
- Liaise with and co-ordinate UK and overseas multi-disciplinary design teams
- Ensure compliance with relevant health, safety and environmental legislation, particularly the CDM Regulations
- Supervise team members including all APM’s, Graduates and Apprentices.
- Maintain a strong focused client relationship
- Assist with contract preparation together with project planning and programming
- Project administration including monitoring programme delivery, resources and budgets
- Effective management of and response to project related correspondence
- Support procurement in the appointment of contractors as and when required
- Checks to ensure compliance with the Integrated Management System and assist in its development
Your experience should include:
- Extensive experienced based skills in design delivery of major multi-disciplinary infrastructure programmes
- Experience of cost programme and quality management of major multi-disciplinary infrastructure projects
- Team management and development
- Co-ordination and management of overseas multi-disciplinary design delivery teams
- Development of innovative design delivery process
- Business development and client relationship management
Your skills should include:
- Good command of written and spoken English and have the ability to lead and develop project managers.
- Computer literate.
- Experienced in the use of project management and project planning software design packages
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to produce Engineering project progress reports, task briefs and associated reports.
- Knowledge of current Health and Safety Legislation and CDM Regulations
- High personal standards
- Business Development and client management
In return, we offer a competitive basic salary with a comprehensive and attractive benefits package.