CIWM Waste Smart Foundation Level
This course is intended to enhance the capability of EMS auditors so that they can undertake effective EMS audits to ISO 14001:2015.
This course aims to provide you with the knowledge, understanding and skills to:
- Reduce costs and aid compliance by preventing wastes arising from workplace activities
- Improve the management of wastes that are unavoidable
- Increase the sustainability performance of your business
Who’s it for?
The foundation course is designed for people new to waste or those who handle or manage waste within their organisation. It is also suitable for students who wish to compliment academic learning with a professional certificate.
- Waste as a resource and what is waste?
- The environmental impact of waste
- The cost of managing waste
- Understanding and applying the waste hierarchy
- Legislation and how to ensure compliance with the law
On completion of this course, learners will have:
- Understanding of why improving resource and waste management is important
- Knowledge of key regulations and understanding of the responsibilities of those directly involved in managing waste
- Understanding of how resource management can be improved through reducing waste in the workplace
- Skills to identify improvements in your workplace
- A certificate to demonstrate successful achievement of the course