Business Cases and Funding Bids
All Net Zero Carbon strategies will require funding for the policies and initiatives to reduce the generation of Greenhouse gas emissions. A significant proportion of this funding is likely to be allocated by central government through scheme business cases and specific funding streams. In addition, through the decentralisation process there are also a number of local funding streams allocated through Local Enterprise Partnerships and Regional Authorities.
The technical work required to obtain funding from the various streams will vary with the scale of the funding being requested and also the focus of the funding stream itself. SYSTRA have the capability to prepare proportionate funding cases for a wide range of transport schemes and initiatives that could form part of a Net Zero Carbon strategy including:
- Personalised travel planning and sustainable mode promotion campaigns aimed at reducing car-based trips includes Mobility as a Service (MAAS) strategies.
- Pedestrian and cycle schemes including route infrastructure and priority, pedestrianisation and cycle hire schemes.
- Bus schemes including priority measures, ticketing schemes, stop and interchange provision and the electrification of bus fleets.
- Electric charging strategies to maximise the take up of electric vehicles.
- Mass Transit schemes including Light Rail and Bus rapid transit.
- Rail schemes including new and upgraded lines, services and stations.
- Demand Management schemes including Workplace parking and Clean Air Charging schemes.
- Traffic Management and road capacity reduction schemes.