SYSTRA in the UK and Ireland offer an expert team adept at both static and dynamic pedestrian modelling, including the use of a range of bespoke software packages. We offer analysis of pedestrian movement, interactions, flow, comfort and congestion for a range of schemes, including building design and redevelopment, station gate line installations, multi-modal interchanges, public realm spaces and wayfinding. We can provide a range of analyses and outputs to help you fully understand and plan for the pedestrian flow implications of your scheme, including consideration of accessibility and evacuation requirements.
Examples of SYSTRA’s In-house capabilities include:
- Building Design – whether an entirely new building or redeveloping an existing one, SYSTRA can provide support in optimising its layout and design.
- Gating Studies – analysis and recommendation for the installation of ticket gate lines
- Multi-modal interactions – studies on the interactions between users of different modes in multi-modal spaces
- Static Analysis - spreadsheet-based analysis, to assess aspects of pedestrian movement.
- Model Audit – Ensuring models offer an accurate and fair representation of proposed scenarios.
- Wayfinding – testing the impacts of alternative approaches to wayfinding and developing appropriate strategies