SYSTRA is an innovative market leader in the delivery of cycling based projects, working with a diverse range of public and private sector clients.
Over the past several years, we have delivered a wide range of cycling-related projects, from high-level strategies outlining “quick wins” for planned cycling corridors, through to detailed design of cycle routes and post-implementation monitoring. Throughout this work, we ensure a joined-up approach, also considering impacts on the pedestrian experience, the road network and the general urban realm, conducting research into cycle route and cycle parking best practice, as well as working with the stakeholders to understand mode shift potential and assisting the public in making the transition out of their cars.
SYSTRA’s recent work on cycle schemes has highlighted the need for accessibility as a key element of our approach, and all of our work in this area therefore also considers the cyclists with non-standard cycles.
Our key offers in this area include the following:
- Strategy – Data-driven studies (including cycle hire, cycle parking and LCWIP), considering accessibility issues and requirements for non-standard cycles.
- Cycle Trip Modelling – Spreadsheets based work and tools such as CYNEMON to perform demand/routing analysis for cycle trips.
- Network Design Criteria Specification – Background analysis supporting cycle route development and high-level optioneering & appraisal.
- Preliminary & Detailed Design Work – Design of cycle routes and accompanying infrastructure at all stages of project lifespan.
- Behaviour Change – Engaging with businesses, schools, residents and government organisation to encourage cycling.
- Stakeholder Engagement, Monitoring & Research – Undertaking consultation on cycling infrastructure and policies, as well as understanding local sentiments towards and monitoring the usage of this infrastructure and its impact on local surroundings.