SYSTRA is very active in the renewable energy sector providing key input on wind farm, energy from waste, solar and electricity transmission projects for more than 30 clients associated with the renewable energy sector, as well as supporting Highways England and Transport Scotland in relation to planning applications.
SYSTRA has delivered a high number of successful projects throughout the UK using transport planning, highway design and structural engineering skills. We provide a full service from support at initial feasibility, the planning process and detailed design and the construction phases.
SYSTRA provide the following services:
- Initial Access Appraisals to determine the feasibility of access and solutions to access constraints;
- Full Abnormal Load Assessments to identify mitigation measures and requirements;
- Structural Assessment and Highway Design to develop cost effective solutions for new or improved infrastructure required to facilitate development or the movement of abnormal loads;
- The Transport and Access chapters for inclusion in Environmental Impact Assessments and Statements, all within a multi-disciplinary team to deliver the full EIA requirements;
- Stand-alone Transport Assessment reports to identify and mitigate the potential traffic and transport impacts of a proposed development;
- Traffic Management Plans which address construction stage impacts and mitigation, often to respond to planning conditions; and
- Detailed Highway Design of access junctions, internal tracks and external road network improvements.
SYSTRA has a team of experienced personnel working within the Renewables Sector who are also experienced in the role of expert witness for appeal and inquiry procedures.