SYSTRA has been at the forefront of transport modelling for over 50 years developing innovative tools that meet the demands for transport and environmental appraisal throughout the world.
We use the best tools on the market to ensure our clients achieve their transport planning aims and objectives. Our key areas of expertise cover:
- Demand & Behavioural Change
- Climate Emergency
- Public Transport
- Cycle & Pedestrian
- Local and Strategic Highway
Working with our clients, SYSTRA can focus transport modelling on their specific needs and provide approaches and tools that are proportionate, evidence based and ‘fit for purpose’.
We utilise Innovative Data Visualisation techniques to ensure that complex model outputs can be fully understood and interrogated by all stakeholders irrespective of their transport modelling knowledge.
We deliver mainstream multi-modal and microsimulation modelling applications such as scheme business cases, transport strategy development, land use planning appraisals and public transport patronage forecasting. We also develop tools and methods that provide advanced appraisal of sectors that are a high priority for our clients including:
- climate emergency applications that can model the carbon emitted by transport and the impacts of measures to achieve Net Zero
- active mode appraisal to better predict usage and resultant benefits of cycling and walking infrastructure
- Low Emission Zone/CAZ assessments which predict the impacts of charging and non-charging measures on transport behaviour (changes in fleet mix, modal change and routing change) and the harmful gas emissions of transport
- Predictive tools to identify the need and location for electric vehicle charging
- Alternative futures modelling reflecting behavioural research for future transport systems undertaken by our In-House Research teams.
Simplified modelling approaches to allow more scenarios to be assessed in a shorter period of time allowing a greater range of alternative futures and policy responses to be appraised.