DfT Rail Passenger Views Survey
This page provides:
- The terms and conditions of the prize draw, offered to survey respondents who choose to enter; and
Terms and Conditions of the Prize Draw
1. Surveys must be completed and returned by 4th May 2020.
2. All entrants must be over the age of 16.
3. No purchase is necessary.
4. The prize winners will be drawn in the week commencing 1st June 2020. The winners will be selected at random from all eligible entries received. There are only five prizes available.
5. The winners will be notified within a reasonable time after the draw date by email. The prize is awarded conditionally upon acceptance and if a winner is unable to be contacted after a reasonable period (or if any prize is unclaimed or declined within a reasonable period) the prize shall be deemed as unclaimed or unaccepted and a supplementary winner may be drawn.
6. The name of the prize winners will be made available after the closing date to those sending an email to Christopher.Cheyney@dft.gov.uk marked ’Rail Passenger Views Survey Prize Draw’.
7. No other equivalent prize will be given. The prize cannot be exchanged for cash.
8. This prize draw is conducted in compliance with the Market Research Society Rules and Regulations for administering Prize Draws (updated May 2015).
9. English law applies.
If you have any queries regarding this survey you can contact DfT at email@example.com
Alternatively, you can contact the SYSTRA Project Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Rail Passenger Views privacy information notice
Confidentiality and data protection
The Department for Transport (DfT) is carrying out this survey to gather evidence on the value of different aspects of the train journey to passengers, including train service frequency, off-peak discounts, interchange and delays. This research and the processing of personal data that it entails is necessary for the exercise of our functions as a government department. If your answers contain any information that allows you to be identified, DfT will, under data protection law, be the Controller for this information. As part of this survey we will be asking for your age, gender and employment status.
We have contracted Tracsis Plc and SYSTRA Limited to gather and analyse the responses we receive to the consultation.
Tracsis are a transportation technology company who are conducting this survey and will gather the data. SYSTRA is a transport engineering and consulting company who are conducting the analysis of the data. All data is anonymised by Tracsis before being sent to SYSTRA and DfT.
Also, as part of this consultation your email address will be asked for if you wish to enter the optional prize draw. This is so that Tracsis can contact you in the event you win the prize draw. You do not have to give us this personal information. If you do provide it, we will use it only for the purpose of contacting the winner of the prize draw. If at any time you wish to withdraw your consent to be entered into the prize draw please contact the Tracsis Plc Data Protection Officer via email@example.com and your personal contact details will be deleted.
Your information will be kept securely on a secure IT system by Tracsis and destroyed within 12 months after the research study has been completed.