Data Privacy Notice
QUEEN ELIZABETH HOSPITAL TRAVEL SURVEYS
SYSTRA Limited (“SYSTRA”)
YOUR PERSONAL DATA – WHAT IS IT?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”).
WHAT DOES THIS POLICY COVER?
We are providing you with this information so you know what personal data we are collecting from you as part of this research study; what we are going to do with it; and your rights over our use of your data.
WHO ARE WE?
SYSTRA has been appointed by QE Facilities as the supplier to support transport and travel planning improvements for the Queen Elizabeth Hospital and support sites.
In respect of this activity, for the purposes of the GDPR, QE Facilities is the Data Controller and SYSTRA Ltd is the Data Processor.
In undertaking this commission SYSTRA will not be working with project partners.
WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT?
As part of the survey we will ask you questions including your postcode, and disability information. At the end of the survey we will invite you to enter our prize draw, so we will ask for your email address as well for this purpose.
HOW IS THE DATA COLLECTED?
All information is collected through the survey.
WHAT IS THE LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We wish to rely on your consent as the legal basis for processing your personal data. If we do not receive that consent from you at point of contact, you will not be added into the data set and your data won’t be shared.
HOW WILL YOUR PERSONAL DATA BE USED?
- SYSTRA complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date;
- by storing and destroying it securely;
- by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data;
- by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
You can partake in the project via the following channels:
- Staff travel survey (online or paper surveys);
- Visitor travel surveys (interviews)
SYSTRA uses your personal data for the following purposes: -
- Reviewing how people travel to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital and support sites;
- Reviewing how to improve travel to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital and support sites;
- Contact details for entry into a prize draw for completing the survey.
Your data will be processed for the purposes of project monitoring. SYSTRA will report the findings of the project to QE Facilities. No personal identifiers will be used in the report.
You can contact SYSTRA Limited (contact details below) for any questions about how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone other than QE Facilities and SYSTRA Ltd without prior consent. This will be undertaken in a secure manner and only where required to provide you with services as part of the project. This includes processing of paper survey responses where SYSTRA or QE Facilities may collect paper responses; they will be stored safely and securely in advance of being uploaded into the online system. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND HOW DO WE KEEP IT SECURE?
SYSTRA will keep your personal data for the duration of our commission with QE Facilities on this project. Upon completion of the project, SYSTRA will arrange secure transfer to QE Facilities using an online secure sending system: SendTo.
SYSTRA is operating the data collection in SNAP Surveys which is compliant with compliant with ISO 27001, the internationally recognised gold standard for information security systems.
Data may be kept temporarily on the SYSTRA server during analysis. This data will be pseudonymised. SYSTRA Ltd has a UK CyberEssentials certification.
YOUR RIGHTS AND YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data: -
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which SYSTRA and/or QE Facilities holds about you;
- The right to request that SYSTRA and/or QE Facilities correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for SYSTRA and/or QE Facilities to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- The right to request that SYSTRA and/or QE Facilities provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller of your request, (known as the right to data portability).
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
TRANSFER OF DATA ABROAD
SYSTRA and partners will not transfer your personal data outside of the EU.
AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING
We do not use your personal data for any automated decision making and we do not instruct any providers to carry out such processing on your personal data.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please contact SYSTRA’s UK Compliance Team at UK_compliance@systra.com
If you have any concerns or questions you can also contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-u... or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.
If you would like:
- Any more information about the project or our use of your data;
- To request to see the personal data held on you; or
- To request to withdraw your personal data.
Please contact the SYSTRA Project Manager, Hannah Graham email@example.com