TFGM Survey Privacy Notice
- We are providing you with this information so you know what data we are collecting from you as part of this research study; what we are going to do with it; and your rights over our use of your personal data.
Your personal data
- Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”).
Who are we?
- Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) and SYSTRA Ltd (SYSTRA) are Joint Data Controller This means we have decided how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
- SYSTRA and TfGM are responsible for collecting and processing your personal data.
What information is being collected?
- As part of the survey we will ask you questions including: age; gender; any disabilities you may have; and your postcode. To invite you to take part in further research and if you want to enter the prize draw we will also ask for contact details including your name, email address and phone number.
How is it collected?
- All information is collected through the survey.
Why is it being collected?
- Our legal basis for collecting this data is known as ‘public task’. This means we are collecting it to perform a task in the public interest. However, we also wish to have your consent to collect this data.
- We are collecting the data to understand your travel patterns and what may influence your travel behaviour. We are asking questions on your demographics to understand any differences between different groups of people.
How will it be used?
- SYSTRA complies with its obligations under the GDPR by: keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
- Your data will be analysed anonymously with all other participant data. SYSTRA will report the findings of the research to TfGM. No personal identifiers will be used in the report.
Who will it be shared with?
- Your data will only be shared between SYSTRA and TfGM.
How long do we keep your personal data?
- We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary. This will be no later than December 2020, after which all personal data will be destroyed.
- After the end of the study, SYSTRA will erase all personal data that was collected as part of the research. TfGM will then become the sole Data Controller.
Your rights and your personal data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which SYSTRA and/or TfGM holds about you;
- The right to request that SYSTRA and/or TfGM corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for SYSTRA and/or TfGM to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please contact SYSTRA’s UK Compliance Team at UK_compliance@systra.com.
If you have any concerns or questions you can also contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-u... or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
If you would like any more information about the research study please contact the SYSTRA research manager, Eve Robertson: email@example.com