TfGM Confidence tracker surveys’ privacy notice
1. Who are we?
Transport for Greater Manchester [“TfGM”] is committed to making sure that we tell you about the ways in which we use your personal information and that we have the right controls in place to make sure it is used responsibly and kept safe from inappropriate access, theft, or misuse.
This notice explains how we use your information and tells you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you. For further information about our core data protection obligations and commitments please see TfGM’s primary privacy notice. https://tfgm.com/privacy-policy
2. Summary of the survey
TfGM is undertaking a telephone survey to understand Greater Manchester residents’ changing travel perceptions and plans over the course of the next 12 months. This knowledge is vital for TfGM to develop and prioritise what it does, plan for how travel behaviours may change, due to the pandemic, and how Manchester can emerge from this period sustainably.
SYSTRA have been commissioned to undertake this work on TfGM’s behalf.
TfGM the Data Controller for your responses to the Adapt and Build Back Better Survey. We have commissioned this research and determined what information should be collected.
SYSTRA is a Data Processor. This means that they are responsible for collecting and processing your personal data on behalf of the Data Controller.
Teamsearch are Sub-Data Processor. They are responsible for conducting the telephone interviews on instruction from SYSTRA.
3. What information we will collect from you (the purpose and legal basis for processing information)
Participation in this research is entirely voluntary, and you are free to decide not to take part if you do not want to. If you do take part, the telephone survey will ask you questions in relation to your travel behaviour, attitudes to different types of transport, to understand what type of transport user you are, and how this might change over the next 4 weeks.
We also ask further questions in the survey to capture demographic information and personal data. These questions are optional and include:
- Home postcode
- Working status
- Health and disability
- Racial or ethnic group
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine status and willingness/intention
The personal information Teamsearch hold to contact you about the survey includes your name, address, demographics, and phone number.
4. Our lawful basis for processing under GDPR is:
- Article 6 1(e) processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller
For the more sensitive data:
- Article 9 2(g) processing is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest
5. How information is collected
The main survey is completed via telephone. Telephone interviews will be conducted by Teamsearch who are instructed to complete this work in line with GDPR in their contract with SYSTRA. They must abide by SYSTRA’s and their own data protection policy. Teamsearch are Cyber Essentials and ISO20252 accredited. Telephone interviews will be recorded where consent is provided. Each recording is stored for 6 months on Teamsearch’s internal server (UK). Teamsearch obtained your contact details from one of the following contact databases:
- Sample answers: https://www.sampleanswers.com/privacy-policy/
- Latch media: http://latchmedia.co.uk/privacy
- Marketing Lists: http://marketinglists.co.uk/
6. How we ensure the security of your data
TfGM and SYSTRA comply with their obligations under the data protection legislation by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
All electronic survey information will be encrypted with a secure password. SYSTRA will restrict access to your personal information.
Your data will be analysed anonymously with all other participant data. SYSTRA will report the findings of the research to TfGM. No individual will be made identifiable during reporting.
7. Information retention
All information collected in this survey will be deleted once it is no longer needed for the research purposes outlined above. Any personal data collected will be stored securely and will not be used to identify you.
Interviews may be recorded by SYSTRA for training and monitoring purposes. Teamsearch will keep the recording for 3 months, to ensure any investigations on data collected / complaints can be dealt with.
8. Transferring data
Data collected and stored by TfGM, SYSTRA and Teamsearch will be stored in the United Kingdom.
The transfer of data from SYSTRA to TfGM will be done so securely, in line with SYSTRA’s policies and procedures.
9. Data sharing
The information collected as part of this survey will only be used by TfGM for the purposes explained above. TfGM will not share any data that could be used to identify you with any third parties.
10. What rights do individuals have?
TfGM must comply with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
Under data protection law, your rights include:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
If you wish to make a request, please contact us at:
To find out more about Teamsearch’s compliance with data protection please click on the following link to review their data protection notices: https://www.teamsearchmr.co.uk/gdpr
Should you wish to find out more about SYSTRA’s data protection processes or contact their Data Protection Officer, please contact SYSTRA’s UK Compliance Team at UK_compliance@systra.com.
11. How can I make a complaint?
If you are not satisfied with how TfGM is using the information we hold about you, please contact our Data Protection Officer by emailing email@example.com.
If you are still not satisfied with TfGM’s response to any request to exercise your individual rights or if you believe that TfGM is not processing your personal data in accordance with the law, you can contact the Information Commissioners’ Office:
Post: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113.