Senior / Principal Engineer (Highways) - Newcastle
JOB REFERENCE: CON027
We have an opportunity for an experienced Senior or Principal Engineer to join our growing Development Infrastructure Engineering team in our Newcastle office.
The successful candidate will join a growing and vibrant Highways and Development Infrastructure team providing strong technical guidance whilst contributing to work-winning with both existing and new clients.
The main focus of the role is to act as a Project Manager for development schemes from inception to completion, responsible for delivering a broad range of services to public and private sector clients and partners, including:
- Preparation of feasibility studies, preliminary through to detailed design for road and drainage infrastructure;
- Maintain Designers Risk Assessments in accordance with CDM regulations
- Undertake site visits, surveys and inspections, preparing follow up reports
- Montor delivery against project deliverables
- Mentor junior staff members, assisting with their development
- Take responsibility and provide all technical and commercial knowledge on projects
To be successful in the role you will need:
- Either Chartered Status or approaching chartered status (Senior Engineer) experience on development highway design, junction design and associated environmental impact reporting.
- It is essential that you have experience of Highways Design using Civils 3D
- Strong technical knowledge, including use of industry standard road/drainage design software and sound knowledge of current design standards (Civils 3D / PDS / MX, Micro Drainage).
- Ability to form constructive, lasting relationships with clients and professional partners
- Ability to develop and sell innovative solutions for clients
- Ability to effectively lead an experienced team of professionals
- High standards of written and oral communication
- Excellent understanding of project management
- A proactive approach to seeking and sharing knowledge
- A commitment to supporting the career development of colleagues
- Familiar with CDM process; Should be well-versed in UK highways technical and legal framework and relevant authorities, adoption processes.
In return, we offer an excellent salary with a comprehensive and attractive benefits package with opportunities for flexible working and career development.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, we do have a preferred supplier list for the provision of recruitment services and we will not accept unsolicited CVs from suppliers not currently on our PSL.