Privacy Notice – Worcester Shrub Hill Levelling Up Fund Two
Privacy Notice – Worcester Shrub Hill Levelling Up Fund Two
SYSTRA are supporting Worcestershire County Council in their development of a Levelling up Fund 2 bid for improvements at Worcester Shrub Hill station.
A key part of the study is understanding how journeys are made to both Worcester Shrub Hill and Worcester Foregate Street stations and where these journeys originate.
The research will help inform ongoing options appraisal for improving the station environment at Worcester Shrub Hill and improving access by Active Modes.
- SYSTRA have been commissioned by Worcestershire County Council to undertake this study
- The survey data will be collected by Traffic Data Collection, a subcontractor of SYSTRA
- SYSTRA and Worcestershire County Council are committed to making sure that we tell you about the ways in which we use your personal information and that we have the right controls in place to make sure it is used responsibly and kept safe from inappropriate access, theft, or misuse
- We are providing you with this notice so you know what data we are collecting from you as part of this research study; what we are going to do with it; and your rights over our use of your personal data
Your personal data
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”), and associated legislation including but not limited to the Data Protection Act 2018.
Who are we?
- WORCESTERSHRE COUNTY COUNCIL are the Data Controller. This means Worcestershire County Council have decided how your personal data is processed and for what purposes
- SYSTRA are the Data Processor, responsible for collecting and processing your personal data
- Traffic Data Collection are the Data Processor, responsible for collecting and processing your personal data
What information is being processed?
The research will involve an in person survey at two locations:
- Worcester Shrub Hill
- Worcester Foregate Street
The survey will ask questions on the mode of access to the station and the journey purpose, in addition to the first half of your home postcode, whether the journey undertaken was the return leg of your journey, and where you are travelling to.
This information will be used to help us understand the relationship between Worcester Foregate Street and Worcester Shrub Hill stations and the catchments of the two stations.
The survey will also ask for your age, to ensure we are only collecting data from those aged 16 and older.
How is it collected?
The survey data is being collected using pen and paper.
Why is it being collected?
- Our lawful basis for processing under GDPR is:
- GDPR Article 6(1)(e): the processing is necessary for the performance of its official tasks carried out in the public interest.
- We also rely on your Consent to hold your personal data. You may withdraw your consent at any time
How will it be used?
- Worcestershire County Council, SYSTRA and Traffic Data Collection will comply with their obligations under the GDPR by: keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data
- All personal data held as part of this project is encrypted with a secure password and access restricted to only those working on the project
- Your data will be analysed with all other participant data. SYSTRA will report the findings of the study to the Worcestershire County Council. No individual will be made identifiable during reporting
Who will it be shared with?
- Data will be collected and stored in the United Kingdom
- SYSTRA will share findings from this engagement with Worcestershire County Council at the end of the research, and no other third party
- How long do we keep your personal data?
- We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary. Your data will be kept until 7th June 2024. After this, all personal data will be destroyed
Your rights and your personal data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Worcestershire County Council holds about you
- The right to request that Worcestershire County Council corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Worcestershire County Council to retain such data
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing
- The right to object to the processing of personal data; or
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office
If you would like:
- Any more information about the research study, or our use of your data
- To request to see the personal data held on you
- To request to withdraw your personal data; or
- To exercise any other of the rights listed above
Please contact the SYSTRA research manager, James Jackson, email@example.com
Should you wish to find out more about SYSTRA’s data protection processes or contact their Data Protection Officer, please contact SYSTRA’s UK Compliance Team at UK_compliance@systra.com.
To find out more about Worcestershire County Council’s compliance with data protection please click on the following links to review their data protection notices: https://www.worcestershire.gov.uk/privacy
If you have any concerns or questions about data protection or your rights you can also contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.