Bolton Percy European Protected Species Licensing
Through a proactive approach from the start of the project, SYSTRA (formerly TSP Projects) identified the potential for both great crested newts and bats during the early design stages of a bridge reconstruction. European Protected Species licences were secured from the statutory authority, Natural England, with subsequent licensed mitigation effectively implemented to maintain the existing, unyielding, construction programme.
- Proactive and pragmatic approach to provide support to planning, enabling and construction stages ensured client’s interests were prioritised outside of SYSTRA’s remit.
- Fixed construction programme, challenging seasonal restrictions to mitigation requirements.
- Effective completion of ecological survey work, outside of the standard methods, under challenging working constraints.
- Engaged directly with Natural England for licensing solutions and Yorkshire Wildlife Trust for mitigation implementation.
- Successful first time application for licences and reapplications to maintain construction programme.
- Liaison with the multidiscipline project teams to ensure ecological constraints are considered in design.
- Continual support to Client and Principle Contractors Project Team in a manner that helped the implementation of the project.
- Construction commenced to programme without being impeded by ecological licensing concerns.